Vindictus

Elite

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > A letter to Nexon

Reiya67

This is a little something I wrote and submitted to Nexon, who probably wont listen, but in the hopes of them fixing some of the problems I have had in vindictus, I thought to give it a try. It has to do with the token system being fixed with the weekly crap they've been wanting to do. They finally had it implemented, and I was pissed. (also addressed the lag)

Btw, it starts here.

"I'm pretty annoyed with how Vindictus has turned out. The main annoyance is the token system being 'fixed'. A player like me can run out of tokens in a single day, easily, and then we can't continue for another few days, waiting for more, or spend money to fix it? Seriously, that's almost as bad as Microsoft. You can NOT legitimately call Vindictus a free game if you can only play a limited amount of time a week. That's basically a trial of the game. Don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say "DO NOT WANT." Perhaps instead of forcing us to pay to play the game, make the tokens reset every day at a specific time, probably midnight, and make the platinum tokens do something else, like, better rewards in the dungeon or SOMETHING. I don't want this game to end up being another fail once people realize that they can do other things than only be able to play this game once a week.

Oh, a side note, try to work on the lag problems. It gets fairly annoying having a player hosted service, instead of dedicated. MAbye be able to implement a dedicated server to host the dungeons, or work with the channels to be apart of the hosting for the dungoens.. Or just find a way to make the network stability...more stable. SOMETHING, because what is going on now, just does not cut it.

I really hope my thoughts are atleast heard, and at least try to do something to fix these problems."

--

Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. 'Do it!' I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.

October 20, 2010 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Artaeus Krol

I agree with your view on the tokens 100% and funnily enough I was thinking about your platinum token idea a couple nights ago as well.

On the terms of client-sided dungeons, It does suck but it is a measure to keeps costs low I would think. They would have to buy multiple servers (which are actually quite expensive even when you dont bring in wether they need client access licences to let people connect, which also cost money.) It also would also require more administrational effort to perform maintainence. I don't know what requirements an MMO server would need but I am a Microsoft Certified Professional in server administration.

Not slamming your opinion, just saying that as long as its free I'm happy.

P.S. -  I also believe that the token system is a serious problem with a "free" game.

--

There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

October 21, 2010 at 8:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Iilk

Well actually what i think is not in anyway common with u guys but,I think they shouldnt even have some token system.

Unless the token is for some special use like making the dungeon more easier or what reiya was talkin about.

And if we fail in the dungeon or die or some serious lag breaks everyone offline then the tokens isnt returned.

It's either that or increase the amount of tokens we can carry to like 500-700.

Because the more u use the tokens the more u have to pay for each trip, and we have to wait for a week for all 50 tokens which can totally be used up in 5 hours.

Heres the funny part,5 hours of dungeon and we have so many quests that includes getting bp and all.Who's going to play this game if it takes forever to just finish 1 newby quest?

So i had a guess,Maybe some dungeons coming in the future wont need tokens.

But then i thought of something.Why they had made a token system,it was something to keep players from too much gaming,it has happened in china before.Lots peoples who spend their time on the game too much because it was too hard to not play it,in other words addicted to it.

It only gives an limit to how much u play.The problem here is that the limit is too small,they should expend it. Depending on how much quests are they ganna give about dungeons,It should at least be a reasonable amount.

And then i had something else coming up in my mind,Since the platinum tokens existed peoples could just buy them and then keep getting addicted, And that way nexon is actually earning money for making peoples addicted. Anyways,You guys get what i mean, right?

--
...........................................................Cricket.
October 21, 2010 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Reiya67

Yeah, I think I'll make two posts to respond to both of you. It would be hard to vent them otherwise.

So, I'll start with Artaeus, since he posted first.

Yeah, I do know it would cost more money to make a server for a dungeon, but if they merged it with the town servers some way, or GOT RID of some of the town servers, because, honestly, 200 is more than enough, it would save some money. And like I said, I don't believe it to be possible to call Vindictus a free game with this token system implemented.

...Then again, knowing Nexon, they'll just laugh, and say no.

--

Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. 'Do it!' I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.

October 22, 2010 at 12:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Reiya67

And now Iilk.

First off, if you go on a raid and lag out midway, you don't lose a single token. Besides that, I agree with what you say. Nexon basically came up with a scheme that limits our playing unless we pay. And honestly, I believe they couldn't care less about our idea about it. Honestly, the DFO limit was just fine. It was a fatigue bar that, once you ran out, you couldn't do a dungeon for the rest of the DAY. and it gave a good solid 4-6 hours of play a day. And I THINK you can pay nx to get a potion that resets that bar, but it really wasn't necessary, and most of th money they made was of the extensive avatar shop. If Nexon kept that system, they wouldn't have any bitching from me.

Btw, the lagging problem has really dimmed down. I suspect people are realizing that their network connection sucks and don't bother at it or don't play at all. Where the people who actually CAN host are doing wonders at it. I barely lagged at all today.

--

October 22, 2010 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Neimy x3
Site Owner

Yeah it's been fun lately, never crappy groups. Well i kindo of like the token system, and they chose the right days to give us refills but i just think maybe a 50% increase would be good to me. 75 tokens, and maybe more ways of getting some like....special things you fish up or daily quests to collect crap. *other than the thingies you turn in for tokens in fishing*

--

Shut up woman get on my horse!

October 22, 2010 at 2:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Iilk

Somehow its making me feel like we are losing tokens just to make the lag better even though its not that of a good deal to me.....and nexon is forcing us to do the deal.

--
October 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Reiya67

Just heard some very interesting news. Nexon appearently cares. I know wht you are thinking. "WHAT? She has lost her mind!" No, it's true.

Nexon had the idea to get players in Los Angeles to share their ideas. I think this meet-up was being held today. Anyways, this may change the entire token system, depending on how this meeting turns out. So my (and appearantly a LOT of people's) requests were heard.

Nexon is slowly winning back my heart.

--

October 26, 2010 at 12:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Iilk

YAY NEXONS ALREDY GOT MY HEART!!!!

I mean...Ahem...Then let the wait of the results begin...

--
October 26, 2010 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.